This week’s cocktail is a little more involved than normal, as you’ll actually need to infuse your own gin. But well worth the effort, we say!
Ritz – Pea & Dill GnT (courtesy of Ritz Crisp and Thin)
To make the cocktail…
50ml Gin infused with sugar snap peas and dill, 75ml Tonic water
Fill your desired glass with cube ice. Add infused gin to the glass and top with tonic water. Garnish with a mint sprig.
To make the Pea & Dill Gin…
- 225g Sugar snap peas
- 10gr Mint leaves
- 20gr Dill
- 700ml (1 Bottle) Gin *Bombay Sapphire works well as it is a lighter style of gin.
You will need…
1x non-reactive container, with lid suitable for mixing (such as an old ice cream container), 1x funnel, large sieve or colander, 1x two-fold muslin (a coffee filter or tea cloth works just as well)
- Into a non-reactive sealable container, pour the Bombay Sapphire
- Add the sugar snap peas once you have broken the shells, as well as the mint and dill
- Secure the lid and place in the fridge for a min of 24hrs (rolling or gently aggravating the mix every so often)
- Remove from the fridge and strain through your home-made filter
- Bottle and reserve. Mix will keep for 2 weeks if kept refrigerated.
To celebrate the launch of new Ritz Crisp & Thin, a delicious new savoury baked snack, Alice Levine & Richard Woods have teamed up with Ritz to show how easy it is to ‘ritz up’ any occasion. Visit www.RitzBakery.co.uk to see all their tips and recipes.