Today’s tipple is the delicious Hendrick’s hot gin punch
- Three teacups of Hendrick’s Gin
- Three teacups of Madeira wine
- Three cloves
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- A large teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Two teaspoons of brown sugar
- Six large lemons and 2 orange twists
- A small slice of orange
- One fresh pineapple
- Four large spoons of honey
- Juice of two lemons
1. Mix all the ingredients in saucepan and place on the heat. Let the mixture simmer without boiling for 20 -30 minutes.
2. While it cooks balance the sweet/sour taste with honey and lemon to your taste. You can also re-warm the mix; the punch arguably gets better and better the longer it simmers.
Serving suggestion: Serve in teacups accompanied with some homemade gingerbread. The above serves 6.