How to give birth like a calm person…

A Doula once told me that women either check out Hypnobirthing for their first child (when perhaps they fear the unknown – or in my case when I was bored on Maternity leave) or their most recent (when they’ve had so many bad experiences they can’t face another one).

The experts at The Calm Birth School would agree “,Our home study program is for everyone. Whether it’s your first baby or your fifth, our unique program will equip you with the tools for the empowering birth experience you deserve. In fact, our techniques have been proven to help mums who’ve had previous traumatic birth experiences overcome these to change their birth this time around..”

Designed to be cheaper and more convenient than NCT or specialist classes, the Calm Birth School provides a four week online course in Hypnobirthing; consisting of 12 video lessons sent direct to your inbox, plus support via a private Facebook group. In fact, it’s so ‘modern’ that you almost expect Ed Sheeran to pop up singing about ‘happy places’ and breathing techniques.

Instead, the Calm Birth School offers practical advice, tips to stimulate the body’s natural pain relieving hormones and positive reinforcement. They suggest that you commence after your 20 week scan to give yourself plenty of time to practice and generally get into the chilled zone.

100% of Mums who have tried their service would recommend to a friend and 98% would describe their birth as ‘positive and empowering’. We presume the other 2% were too blissed out to comment…