Dark Horse suggests avoiding BBQ’s in Nottingham unless you want sausages and -unsurprisingly- that we Brits wouldn’t invite a guest back if they showed up empty handed to an alfresco blaze-up.
- We will spend an average 11 hours at BBQs this year- and 400 million hours as a nation
- We’ll consume 570 million bottles of beer, 410 million glasses of white wine and 55 million tablespoons of ketchup at BBQs this year
- On average, the UK’s favourite meat option to serve is burgers– with only Nottingham choosing sausages at their meat of choice
- White wine, beer and cider came top as the alcoholic beverages Brits would most like to consume at a BBQ
- On average, we would prefer to see at least 3 different types of drinks and 3 different types of meat at a BBQ
- 9 per cent of Brits would not invite you again if you turn up to a BBQ empty handed, hosts would most like to receive bottles of beer, a bottle of wine or snacks such as crisps from their guests
Dark Horse Sauvignon Blanc is available from Ocado.