Today is world prematurity day so fittingly Tommy’s have chosen it to launch their new app, which is free and aimed at parents of premies.
My premature baby is available on all devices (phones, tablets) by going to www.prematurityapp.org.
The app contains all the prematurity information from the Tommy’s book: Having a premature baby. This book was published in 2011 and has received a Highly Commended Award in the British Medical Association Patient Information Awards (2014).
In addition to providing all our information in an easily-searchable format, the app also has the following features:
- a development diary – allowing parents to record events, thoughts and milestones
- a feeding log – allowing parents to record times, type and amount of food given
- ability to easily share information with family and friends on Facebook
- ability to track the baby’s weight on a growth chart
- ability to find other parents going though similar experiences on a map.
The app is web app and it functions on all devices: phones, tablets and desktop computers.